Tuesday 6 January 2015

Like a strict diet, but you get to eat loads of yummy things...

Hello! 

I thought I should probably only blog every few days or once a week as there's only so much people want to hear (read) about food!

So, the last few days have been good.  We've eaten tofu fajitas, veggie curries, and a cheeseless pizza!!  Ok, so the pizza was a little different but we are working on a vegan cheese to complete the perfect vegan pizza. 

All in all it's been a lot easier than I'd expected so far.  The one slip I've experienced isn't even food related; I bought my son new school shoes and, although I was convinced the cheaper shoes probably aren't made of leather anyway, it seems that leather shoes are now the affordable ones and synthetic are going to cost a bit more.  Thus, he has leather shoes and I feel good that he has a decent pair of mid range school shoes but also pretty sad that I didn't have the time, money or enthusiasm to find a vegan alternative.  I'll chalk it up to experience and know better for next time.

As for food, we've got a lovely butter substitute in the old faithful coconut oil.  It was OK on toast and then James tried mixing a tiny sprinkle of salt in with it.  The result made me question whether he'd actually forgotten about the vegan thing for a minute or two... it tasted just the same as the butter we've been using.  Result!

We've also had some lovely vegan cake this week... delicious... and a few nibbles of dark chocolate... Maybe it won't be that difficult after all ;)

Stay tuned for more vegany waffle... now there's a thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment