Wednesday 14 January 2015

Cafe au ...

...lait almond milk!


I'm discovering there are things I like MORE now than when I was using meat and dairy!  I did not expect this to happen.  At all!

I may have already told you about the coconut milk on cereal - so yummy and yet I'd never have tried it before giving up regular milk, and now there's a new one...

Coffee!!  I used to like coffee - as long as it didn't taste like coffee.  The milkier/creamier the better.  Yes I know this isn't good but I love the smell of coffee it's just the taste has always been too bitter for me.  I have tried lots of different coffees and tried adding sugar but sugary hot drinks don't taste right for me either so it has always been a fancy non-coffee coffee from a fancy coffee shop (with a fancy price tag to match) or... tea.

Today I tried coffee with almond milk in and I realised whilst sitting with the family that I'd finished a whole cup of actual coffee and it tasted... nice!  I was double chuffed because I'd recently heard reports that one or two cups of coffee a day are actually quite good for you and I felt a bit miffed that I'd be missing out on said goodness. 

So, yes to coffee!

Unfortunately I've had a bad stomach the last few days, on and off.  I suffer from bouts of IBS so it's not been too bad to handle but I think maybe the extra fiber, nuts, pulses etc. might be irritating my insides slightly.  Fingers crossed it's a minor blip and my body will soon be used to actual good food. 

Tonight's dinner, as prepared by James, was stuffed aubergines and brown rice noodles.  It tasted lovely! 




No comments:

Post a Comment