Sunday 11 January 2015

Spoilt with a capital "Oi"

I couldn't have done this vegan thing without my husband.  There have been a lot of things in my life I don't think I would have done without him, including breastfeeding my second baby (the first one put me off so much I wasn't even going to try!  He asked me to give it a go, I did and had the best bf experience I could have hoped for and carried it on for a whole year!)

The night before I was due to start on the vegan lifestyle/diet (call it what you will) I was feeling like I had bitten off more than I could chew (more likely I was worried I wouldn't have enough to chew on!) and he told me he was going to do it too!  He's not into labels but is now basically as much a vegan as any and has cooked some amazing meals and lots of cake!

He's in the kitchen now, cooking dinner!  Whenever I fancy something to eat, he seems to just pop off to the kitchen and wow me with a meat and dairy free culinary delight or two!  What a man!  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be doing as well with this if it weren't for him.

Since my last blog we've eaten lots of lovely food including a spicy potato and leek rosti, almond cake and vegan custard, lime cake, coconut yoghurt, biscuits, roasted summer veg, home made houmus and vegetable curry!

Also almond milk is perfect in tea so I'm back on "normal" tea as well as all the fruity herby ones.

I will finish today's blog with some pictures (yes I've become one of those) of our food!





No comments:

Post a Comment